Below are some interesting statistics on social media usage. Feel free to share your favorite social media statistics in the comments section or Tweet @bankingdotcom.
- 500,000,000: The number of photos uploaded and shared per day in 2013. (Source: KPCB)
- 442,000,000: The number of views per month generated by the top 500 brands on YouTube. (Source: Outrigger Media)
- 50,000,000: The number of unique visitors per month to the Foursquare website. (Source: Foursquare)
- 6,000,000,000: Hours of YouTube video watched per month. (Source: YouTube)
- 5: The number of Vine videos shared every second on Twitter. (Source: Unruly)
- 24: The percentage of online teens that use Twitter, up from 16 percent in 2011. (Source: Pew Internet)
- 150: The number of times the typical smart phone user checks their phone per day. (Source: KPCB)
- 645,000,000: Views of local business Facebook Pages during an average week. (Source: Facebook)
Does your financial institution use Pinterest? Here are three creative ways brands are utilizing the site from Social Media Examiner.
Image courtesy of nattavut / FreeDigitalPhotos.net