Social Media Statistics: By-the-Numbers, September 2012
Below are some interesting statistics on social media usage. Feel free to share your favorite social media statistics in the comments section or Tweet @bankingdotcom.
- 20: The percentage of US newspapers that now have online paywalls, twice the number that did one year ago. (Source: News & Tech)
- 139: The number of Fortune 500 companies with a public-facing corporate blog in 2012, a five percent increase from 2011. (Source: UMass)
- 24: The percentage of U.S.-based small businesses who claim to currently use social media in a “strategic and structured way.” (Source: eMarketer)
- 63: The percentage of Pinterest users that are age 35 or older. (Source: Pingdom)
- 129.7 million dollars in projected US mobile advertising revenue for Twitter in 2012. (Source eMarketer)
- 235,000,000: The number of people who play games on Facebook each month. (Source: Facebook)
- 65: The percentage of U.S. grocery retail executives who said they plan to use social media tools like Facebook and Twitter as part of their marketing arsenal within the next five years. (Source: eMarketer)
It’s no secret that smartphone growth is growing rapidly, but a Nielsen snapshot shows that teens and young adults lead growth in smartphone adoption. Read more here.